The 2018 Dr. David R. Jones IV Asphalt Scholarship Application
Four Dr. David R. Jones IV annual scholarships will be awarded in 2018:
- Two scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded to graduate student applicants.
- Two scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded to undergraduate student applicants.
The awards are made to qualified candidate(s) and set up by the Association of Modified Asphalt Producers (AMAP), and funded by AMAP and donations.
All college graduate students and undergraduates who have completed their sophomore year and are currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in North America are eligible to apply.
Applicants should be majoring in a field of study that is related to asphalt paving technology, such as civil engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry or other related majors. Preference will be given to applicants with experience and interest in the field of asphalt technology directly related to asphalt modification and innovations in material science applicable to improving the durability of asphalt materials.
The recipient(s) of the scholarship award will be contacted by the Scholarship Committee to arrange for the presentation of the awards as specified above, which will be in the form of a check made out jointly in the name of the recipient and the college or University currently attending.
The applicant will be evaluated on the information provided in the application form below.
IMPORTANT: THE AMAP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 P.M. PACIFIC TIME ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 19, 2018.
Your application consists of two parts: (1) an online form submitted here and (2) support documents submitted separately.
1. Online Form
2. Support Documents
The following support materials are required by the January 19 due date (no exceptions).
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty and/or asphalt contractors or technologists.
– Recommenders should email letters directly to Delmar Salomon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School transcripts indicating your current GPA.
– Please email a PDF or scan to Delmar Salomon at email@example.com.
– We prefer not to receive a login code from your university.
– Unofficial transcripts are acceptable and subject to verification.