All States Asphalt, Inc.
P.O. Box 91
Sunderland, MA 01375
Alon Asphalt Company
12700 Park Central Dr, Suite 1600
Dallas, TX 75251
Alon is an independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with 217,000 barrels per day of refining capacity focused on growth and innovation to meet both the energy and environmental needs of today, operating primarily in the western and south-central regions of the U.S.
- Around 720 branded independent and company-owned Alon retail locations
- Largest licensee of 7-Eleven in the U.S., operating nearly 300 convenience stores
- Largest asphalt supplier in California and second largest asphalt supplier in Texas
- The largest manufacturer of Terminal Blend Rubber Bitumen (TBRB) in the United States
- Edgard Hitti, Director of Asphalt Technical Services
- Scott Rowe, Senior Vice President
- Polymer modified binder
- Tire rubber modified binder
- Slurry emulsion
- Conventional grades binder
- Tire rubber modified emulsion
- Chip seal emulsion
- Tire rubber modified cutbacks
- Topein emulsion
- Trackless tack
Markets Served: WA, CA, NV, AZ, TX, NM, UT, OR
American Gilsonite Company
1717 St. James Place, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77056
- Bill Britton, VP Sales – Industrial Products
As a binder modifier, the unique properties of Gilsonite make a road that is less susceptible to high-temperature and deformation performance issues. When these modified binders are used in recycled asphalt pavements, Gilsonite adds back what time has taken from the old asphalt, making it easier to use more of this recycled material. The Gilsonite-modified binders will produce a stronger road that can be thinner by nearly 20 percent compared with other pavements.
As an aggregate modifier, Gilsonite can be added directly at the hot mix plant with no additional equipment. The excellent bonding properties of Gilsonite will produce a high-strength, high-performance pavement that also resists water stripping.
American Heating Company
1200 Route 46 West
Clifton, NJ 07013
American Heating Company offers a wide variety of products and services to many industries. American Heating Company’s Thermal Fluid heaters and related products are widely used in Asphalt, Biodiesel Plants and Storage Terminals, Roofing Plants, Chemical and Petrochemical Plants, No. 6 Oil Storage Terminals, and in many other specialty applications.
Anton Paar USA
10215 Timber Ridge Drive
Ashland, VA 23005
Anton Paar has led innovation in the Dynamic Shear Rheometer market since the first SmartPave DSR was introduced in 1999. With a reputation for engineering expertise and forward thinking innovation, Anton Paar has maintained leadership in the Dynamic Shear Rheometer for many years by always asking “what can we do better”. We prefer to lead than to follow. Visit our booth to learn about our latest developments for the SmartPave Dynamic Shear Rheometer including the temperature gradient free cup and bob chamber for AASHTO T316 and Ground Tire Rubber Modified Asphalt Testing.
2696 Research Park Drive
Lexington, KY 40511-8480
Since 1919, the Asphalt Institute has served the needs of petroleum asphalt manufacturers and affiliated businesses worldwide. AI is an International trade association based in Lexington, KY (USA).
Markets Served: International
Asphalt Materials, Inc.
5400 W 86th St
Indianapolis, IN 46268-1502
Asphalt Materials, Inc., formed in 1956, has been continually focused on the asphalt business. The core strength of our business is the formulation, manufacturing, and R&D of asphalt binders and emulsions. Our Asphalt Companies continually supply high quality products and services allowing us to excel in pavement preservation techniques and construction services. We play critical roles in assisting federal, state, local & private authorities in building economical and reliable pavements, while maintaining safety and environmental stewardship to the highest standards.
- Dave Blackburn, President
- Herb Wissel, Operations/Research Manager
- Performance Graded (PG) Asphalt Binders
- Asphalt Emulsions
- Asphalt Cutbacks
- Pavement Preservation System Application
- Asphalt and Pavement Research
Markets Served: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia
Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana
5348 West Vermont Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46224
- William I. Knopf, Executive Director
Associated Asphalt / Mariani Asphalt
5201 Causeway Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33619
AVIC Lutong Company Limited
19/F, Main Tower, Guangdong International Building, 339, Huanshi Road East, Guangzhou
AVIC Lutong Co., Ltd. was incorporated on February 1, 2011, the registered capital of 300 million yuan, is located in a landmark building in downtown Guangzhou, Guangdong International Building, 19th floor of the main building. Mainly engaged in asphalt, bearings and insulation film trade.
- Yong Liu, Deputy General Manager
Axeon Specialty Products
750 Washington Blvd., Suite 600
Stamford, CT 06901
Axeon Specialty Products is an asphalt refining and marketing company with headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. Axeon SP has refineries and polymer-modified asphalt plant facilities in Paulsboro, New Jersey and Savannah, Georgia, and an extensive asphalt terminal network on the U.S. East Coast. Axeon SP provides specialty asphalt products and technical services designed to solve pavement problems.
- Ronald Corun, Director Asphalt Technical Services
- Polymer-Modified Asphalt
- Specialty Asphalt Products
Markets Served: U.S. East Coast
100 Campus Drive
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Bergkamp Bituminous Soutions
3040 Emulsion Dr.
Salina, Kansas 67401
Bergkamp Bituminous Solutions supplies and supports polymer modified asphalt mills and plants, including crumb rubber plants, modified asphalt laboratory plants and asphalt emulsion mills and plants. We represent DenimoTech A/S, who has over 30 years of experience in designing, manufacturing and supporting modified asphalt plants around the world. Bergkamp’s experienced, trained and dedicated staff provides modified asphalt as well as emulsified asphalt experience and knowledge to our customers. Our equipment covers a wide range of production rates and levels of automation with options for portability and turn key, ready-to-use facilities.
- Scott Bergkamp, President/CEO
- Vince Vopat, Director of Sales
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Mills
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Plants
- Crumb Rubber Modified Asphalt Plants
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Laboratory Plants
- Asphalt Emulsion Mills
- Asphalt Emulsion Plants
- Asphalt Emulsion Laboratory Plants
- Customized Plants
- Turn-key Facilities
- Service and Suppor
Markets Served: Global
Beijing Saint Ground Highway Tech Co., Ltd.
1082 Room, Building 4 Huamao Apartment, No. 89 Jianguo Road Chaoyang District
Beijing, China 100025
Bit Mat Products
24359 State Road 23
South Bend, IN 46614
- John Baumgartner, General Manager
- Modified Asphalt
Markets Served: Indiana, Michigan, Ohio
11155 Ste-Catherine East
Founded in 1977, Bitumar Inc. is a privately owned company specializing in the production of liquid bitumen used in asphalt blends for road paving as well as for the roofing industry. Bitumar owns and operates two plants in Montreal, QC. The company also owns plants in Baltimore, MD, through its affiliate Bitumar U.S.A. and in Hamilton, ON, through its affiliate Bitumar (Hamilton) Inc. Radiating from these three centers of production, the company offers many different modified asphalt grades for paving as well as for roofing, covering Eastern Canada and the Northeast, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic coast of the United States. Bitumar now employs more than 185 permanent employees including highly qualified professional and technical people needed for the operation of such an organization. Company Management is built around individuals with a long and varied experience both in the process industry and in the asphalt business.
- Hua Qin Liu, R&D Manager
Phone: 514-645-4561, ext 2718
- Vu Nguyen, VP Business Development and R&D
Phone: 410-354-9550, ext 101
- Modified (mainly SBS) paving asphalts manufacturing
- Roofing asphalt manufacturing and packaging
Markets Served: New England and Eastern States (NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, PA, MD, VA, DE); Eastern Canada Provinces: QC, ON, NB, NS, NF
Blacklidge Emulsions, Inc.
12251 Bernard Parkway, Suite 200
Gulfport, MS 39503
- Matt Renick, V.P. of Operations
- Trackless Tack
- Ultra Fuse
Markets Served: Southeastern United States
Bright Star Energy
P.O. Box 970
Marietta, GA 30061
BWS Technologie / SUPRATON
SUPRATON high shear mills known for more than 60 years for reliable innovative equipment serving the asphalt/bitumen, chemical and renewable fuels industries
- Martin Pieper, General Manager Supraton
- High shear mills
- Colloid mills
- Polymer mills
- Emulsion mills
Markets Served: Global
Cannon Instrument Company
2139 High Tech Road
State College, PA 16803
For over 50 years, CANNON Instrument Company has provided asphalt testing labs with critical testing equipment and reagents including viscometers, flash point testers, constant temperature baths, standards and the CANNON bending beam rheometer (BBR). We have helped generations of customers achieve improved measurement accuracy and earned a reputation for reliable, accurate and easy-to-use instruments that meet or exceed ASTM, AASHTO and other industry-recognized standards. At CANNON, we engineer our products to take on even the most challenging applications with ease, making life in the asphalt laboratory simpler, faster and safer.
- Tien Dao, Principal Rheology Engineer
- Lori Fields, Marketing Manager
- Bending beam rheometers (BBR)
- Rotational paddle viscometers
- DSR probes
- DSR standards
- Vacuum viscometers
- Constant temperature baths
- Glass capillary viscometers
- Viscosity standards
- Flash point testers
- Flash point standards
Markets Served: Global
CEI Enterprises Inc.
245 Woodward Rd. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87102
2055 Enterprise Parkway
Twinsburg, OH 44087
ChromaScape® operates four manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. It provides the market with full lines of colorants and support products under the Amerimulch, Innotech DCP, Solution Dispersions, and ChromaPave brands. These products are used in many different markets for a broad range of applications, including the coloring of concrete, mulches, sands, aggregates, inks, paper, asphalt, recycled rubber and a wide variety of other proprietary products.
ChromaPave®, a member of the ChromaScape family of brands, markets a wide variety of environmentally friendly, water-based asphalt sealers along with a line of innovative asphalt seal coat and hotmix colorants for asphalt and asphalt sealers that have use in commercial, theme park, municipal and residential applications.
- Paul Waidzunas, General Manager
- Seal Coat Liquid
- Seal Coat Dry
- Hot Mix Product
Markets Served: North America
Construction Resources Management
P.O. Box 1632
Waukesha, WI 53187
Cook Chemical Company, Inc.
940 Calle Negocio, Suite 160
San Clemente, CA 92673
Our product line includes materials for manufacturers of asphalt, roofing, sealants & coatings, rubber, plastics, and composites. Established In 1985 Cook Chemical Company has sustained continuous growth through new partnerships with leading manufacturers of the finest polymers and materials available.
- Kumho Petrochemical SBS
- Westlake Chemical PE and EVA
- Struktol EBS
Markets Served: North America
Dalworth Machine Products, Inc.
5136 Saunders Rd.
Fort Worth , TX 76119
Manufacturers of emulsion and blending colloid mills including complete systems for road paving, roofing and coatings. Worldwide service for 40+ years.
- Darryl Young, President
- Blending Mills
- Emulsion Mills
- Combination Mills
- Continuous one pass PMA blending systems
- Batch and continuous emulsion systems
- Combination blending and emulsion systems
- Plant design and consulting
- Support equipment and tanks
Markets Served: Global
12012 Wickchester, Suite 280
Houston, TX 77079
TSRC-Dexco is a global supplier of SBS, SIS and SEBS Polymers for asphalt modification. Dexco has plants in Plaquemine, LA; Nantong, China and Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- Ed Myatt, Market Development Manager
- Joe Nelson, Sales Manager
- Vector Brand SBS
- Vector Brand SIS
- Vector Brand SEBS
Markets Served: Global sales to all markets for Polymer Modified asphalt
Doha Technical Laboratories
Zone 57, St 41, Gate 145, Industrial Area
Doha, DOHA 40462
Phone: +974 44607508
Fax: +974 44607552
Doha Technical Laboratory has been an independent materials testing laboratories since 1993, performing all types of testing activities for soils, aggregates, asphalt mixes, asphalt binders, concrete, thermoplastic paint, and other materials.
- Ayman AlGhbani
+974 44682621 or +974 66736925
- Ahmad Hendi
- Checking testing activities
- Following update standards
- Mix design as per MS-2 & SP-2
D&H Equipment, Ltd.
1564 S. Loop 163
Blanco, TX 78606
D&H specializes in asphalt rubber and polymer modified asphalt blenders, tanks, heaters, and controls. We are a family-owned business that began from a paving company recognizing the need for reliable and durable equipment. As a custom manufacturer, we build our own proprietary equipment in our Blanco, TX fabrication facility. Active now in more than a dozen countries and six continents, our D&H equipment is being used worldwide.
- Jason Cox, Director of Marketing
D&H Equipment, LTD is dedicated to being the one source for all your rubber asphalt needs. We have the experience and capability to build high-quality, heavy-duty equipment that includes:
- Rubber and Polymer Blenders
- Polymer Plants
- Crack Seal Plants
- Warm Mix Equipment
- Reaction Tanks
- Storage Tanks
- Hot Oil Heaters
- …and more
CRP-730 974 Centre Rd
Wilmington, DE 19805
DuPont™ Elvaloy® RET asphalt paving additive is a “reactive elastomeric terpolymer” (RET). It is supplied as free-flowing pellets that melt into hot asphalt/bitumen to create a permanently modified asphaltic (bitumen) binder. Elvaloy® RET-modified asphalt/ bitumen is an easy-to-use, storage stable modifier that delivers long-term durability and climate resistance.
- Hal Panabaker, Senior Sales Manager
- Beth Griffin, Senior Technical Associate
- Elvaloy® RET polymer modifier for asphalt / bitumen
Markets Served: Global
Dynamic Surface Applications, Ltd.
373 Village Road
Pennsdale, PA 17756
Dynamic Surface Applications, Ltd. is a specialty contracting and manufacturing company specializing in Bridge/Highway Maintenance and Traffic Calming products based in Pennsdale, PA.
Our Contracting Division currently works throughout the Eastern U.S. and focuses on the installation of bridge expansion joint systems and traffic calming products. Products installed include:
- Thorma-Joint® – The original and best performing asphaltic plug bridge joint system on the market. Thorma-Joint is capable of handling movements of up 2” and is the preferred choice for low movement applications.
- Imprint® – Imprint is a patterned, hot applied resin compound suitable for use as a replacement for brick pavers and stamped asphalts/concretes. Imprint is commonly used in areas where pedestrian safety, durability and aesthetics are key factors.
- XJS® – Manufactured by SSI, XJS is a medium movement (3”) bridge joint system comprised of a polymer based nosing material and a silicone based joint sealant.
Our Manufacturing Division has experience manufacturing a variety of asphalt based products including asphaltic plug joint binders, cracksealers, loop sealants and adhesives. We also have the capacity to toll produce like products. Products currently being manufactured and distributed include:
For more information on our Contracting and Manufacturing abilities please call 800-491-5663 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Richard Lee, Technical Director
- Mike Stachowicz, Vice President
Markets Served: North America
1909 West Gate Dr.
Columbia, IL 62236
ECF Incorporated offers a full range of services in the liquids terminal industry including design, turnkey construction, mechanical piping installation, heat tracing and insulation installation, process skid fabrication (polymer, blending, acid, warm oil), removable insulation covers as well as start-up and operational support. ECF Inc. specializes in heated products.
- Brad Blake, Director of Business Development and Marketing
- Al Meitl, President
- Liquids Terminal Design and Turn-key Construction
- Mechanical Piping Contractors
- Tracing and Insulation Contractors
- Removable Insulation Covers
- Polymer Modification AC Blending Skids
- Sulfur Injection Skids
- Warm Oil Skids
- Material Reclaim Boxes
- Emulsion Plant Design and Construction
- Blending Skids
Markets Served: United States
Engineered Additives, LLC
270 Sparta Ave., Suite 104-129
Sparta, NJ 07871
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions
P.O. BOX 1639
Jackson, MS 39215
Flint Hills Resources
4111 E 37th Street North
Wichita, KS 67220
- Brian Cox, Technical Manager
- Mike Kadow, Technical Representative
- Marla Kilburg, Technical Representative
- Asphalt Binder
- Asphaltic Emulsions
Markets Served: MN, ND, SD, WI, IL, MI, IA, NE
Gilson Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 200
Lewis Center, OH 43035
- Jim Bibler, Technical Manager
The Gorman Group
200 Church Street
Albany, NY 12202
- Brian Jones, Technical Services Manager
- Ed House, VP of Liquid Asphalt Sales
- Liquid AC
- Polymer modified AC
Greater Cincinnati Asphalt Terminal
10100 Brower Rd
Northbend, OH 45052
81 Elgin St.
Brantford, Ontario N3S 581
Based in Brantford, Ontario, GreenMantra Technologies utilizes a proven patented process to cost-effectively transform plastics into high-value specialty chemicals such as waxes, greases and lubricants. GreenMantra has grown rapidly since it was founded in 2010 and currently sells custom wax formulations as well as drop-in replacement waxes to a variety of market segments including colour masterbatch, roofing shingles, rubber, coatings and road asphalt modifiers.
5200 Wilson Road
Chattanooga, TN 37410
Heatec manufactures and markets a broad line of heaters and liquid storage tanks. These products are used at facilities that produce and supply materials for road construction, mostly hot-mix asphalt (HMA) plants, asphalt terminals, emulsion terminals and concrete producers. And our products are used by numerous other industries unrelated to road construction.
Our products for asphalt include hot oil heaters, asphalt storage tanks and fuel storage tanks. Outputs of the heaters range from 0.75 to 30 million Btu/hour. Tanks are either vertical or horizontal configurations with capacities ranging from 5,000 gallons (18,927 liters) to 45,000 gallons (170,325 liters). We also make complete polymer systems for asphalt terminals and emulsion plants. These systems blend asphalt with polymers and hold the mixtures for load-out. Other asphalt products include fuel preheaters, booster heaters, calibration tanks, barrel melters, etc.
2828 N. Harwood, Suite 1300
Dallas, TX 75201
Whether in Hot-Mix Asphalt Rejuvenation or Cold-In-Place Recycling, Hydrolene breathes new life into your asphalt applications and does it easily and economically. Our line of Hydrolene Enhancement Solutions, with varying viscosities, molecular weights, volatilities, brittle points and aromatic content, are ready to be blended for maximum effectiveness in your application. We have never met a tired, aged or reclaimed asphalt surface that Hydrolene could not resuscitate.
Hubei Provincial Communications Investment Co., Ltd.
Building A, No. 36, 24th Floor
Wuhan, 430051 China
Phone: +1 86 02 7842 18999
Husky Oil Operations Limited
806 50th Street East
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 0X6
Refiner and asphalt producer. Supplier to Canada and U.S. Markets.
- Blaine Morien, Techinical Services & Innovation
- Polymer Modified Asphalt
- Dust Control
Markets Served: North America
ICL Advanced Additives
622 Emerson Rd
St. Louis, MO 63141
ICL’s global manufacturing delivers advanced products primarily derived from potash and phosphorous mining. With individual business units, ICL combines people and experience to help solve the world’s needs. ICL’s Polyphosphoric acid for asphalt improves rutting and moisture resistance for paving applications. For the asphalt shingle markets it improves performance and expands asphalt source compatibility.
- Dan McLaughlin, Global Commercial Lead – Specialty Acids
- Larry Larson, Market Development Manager – Asphalt
- Asphalt modifiers
- Storage/dosing equipment
Markets Served: Global
Idaho Asphalt Supply, Inc.
2627 Brandt Ave.
Nampa, Idaho 83687
Idaho Asphalt Supply, Inc. is major supplier of quality asphalt cements, emulsions, cutbacks and polymer modified asphalts to the northwest United States.
Idaho Asphalt Supply consistently meets customers’ needs and requirements by providing quality products and services ensuring that our customers’ jobs get done on time and on specification. Idaho Asphalt Supply is backed by a state of the art AASHTO testing and research facility so you can be assured that products are shipped in spec and that any problems you encounter can be backed up by industry experts.
- Huachun Zhai, Idaho Asphalt Supply, Inc.
IKA Works, Inc.
7635 North Chase Pkwy. SE
Wilmington, NC 28405
IKA Works is a worldwide manufacturer of mixing and dispersing equipment for the chemical, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, coatings, personal care and cosmetics industries. IKA provides a wide range of products including high shear mixers and mixing systems, from laboratory to production scale. IKA has a fully equipped testing facility for testing, and also has trial machines available for on-site testing.
501 South 5th Street
Richmond, VA 23219-0501
- Everett Crews, Global Technical Development Manager
259 Prospect Plains Rd.
Cranbury, NJ 08512-8000
Innophos offers the industry leading INNOVALT® family of asphalt modifiers, including our patented L-VIS™ technology. L-VIS™ is a breakthrough innovation that allows revolutionary performance for Polyphosphoric Acid.
The INNOVALT® family of additives reduces:
- Fatigue cracking
- Thermal cracking
- Jesse Davidson, Sales Development Manager
- INNOVALT® Polyphosphoric Acid Asphalt Modifiers
- L-VIS™ low viscocity PPA
- Adhesion Promoters
Markets Served: Global
327 Erickson Avenue
Essington, PA, 19029
Intertek is a leader in the inspection and testing of asphalt, providing independent assessment of quality and quantity. The asphalt lab provides full liquid asphalt testing, as well as significant polymer modified asphalt evaluation services. All testing is conducted in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO and other industry recognized standards.
From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 38,000 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies’ success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end users’ expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
- Joan Feuda, Lab Manager
- Eddie Hall, Business Development Reprresentative
- Liquid Asphalt Testing (Binder, Emulsion, Cutback)
- Petroleum Product Testing (other than asphalt)
- Cargo Inspection
2303 Bridgeport Drive
Sioux City, IA 51111
Jebro manufactures and ships a wide range of quality liquid asphalt materials to the asphalt paving, maintenance, and pavement preservation industries from four terminals: Sioux City, Iowa; Corson, South Dakota; Cheyenne, Wyoming; and Waco, Texas. We supply performance-graded materials, asphalt cement, polymer modified asphalt, emulsion, polymer emulsions, cutbacks and polymer cutbacks. Our AASHTO AMRL accredited laboratory insures our products meet agency specifications. We provide advice and solutions for asphalt maintenance and construction projects to meet the needs and demands of our customers.
- Kevin Carlson, General Manager, Research and Development
- Leaf Greene, Quality Control Supervisor
- Polymer Modified Asphalt Binder
- Polymer Modified Emulsified Asphalt
- Polymer Modified Cutback Asphalt
- Performance Graded (PG) Binders
- Asphalt Cement
- Emulsified Asphalt
- Cutback Asphalt
- Burner Fuel
- Oil, Oil Filter, and Antifreeze Recycling
- Transportation Services
Markets Served: Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Kansas, Missouri
Jiangsu Xinyue Asphalt Co., Ltd.
No. 18 River East Road, Dagang, Zhenjiang New District
Zhen Jiang City, Jiangsu Province, 212132
Phone: (86) 0511-88891776
Fax: (86) 0511-88893355
Jiangsu Xinyue Asphalt Co., Ltd., founded in 2009. Registered capital of 58,612,000 RMB. Five subsidiary companies. Engaged in road construction, trade, warehousing logistics, asphalt deep processing and technology research. We want to build a sustainable company in the whole industry chain.
- Hongliang Jiao, President Assistant
2200 Chengxin Street Jiangning Science Park
Nanjing, Jiangsu 211112
JSTI GROUP(JSTI) was established in 1978. For the past 30 years, JSTI has been involved in R&D to provide technical solutions in the transportation sector in its early stage and gradually expanded to other sectors including municipal utilities and building. On Jan. 10, 2012, JSTI made the IPO of stock A and was officially listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, becoming the first consulting company in China to be listed on the capital market.
JSTI has been selected as “One of the top 60 survey and design enterprises in China”, by American ENR, for several consecutive years, ranking 36th in 2012.
Recently, the business scope of JSTI has covered many industries like highways, municipal utilities, water works, mass transit, railways, aviation, architecture and environmental evaluations . JSTI has become an enterprise group with core business in areas such as planning and consultancy, survey and design, scientific research, testing and measuring, quality management and consultancy, and R&D of new materials, new technologies and new products. In addition to its consulting business, JSTI has extended its service to EPC and BOT/BT contract as a general contractor and an investor. Its business scope has reached to not only in the domestic market including 31 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the central government, but also the overseas market including countries in Asia, Africa and Europe.
JSTI owns a dozen or more national and provincial scientific research platforms, and has undertaken a large number of national and provincial key research, design, testing, measurement, and product development tasks. JSTI has organized and participated in 20 national, industrial, and local standards preparations, and obtained over 200 prizes at all levels with 93 patents awarded by the state.
JSTI’S solutions and new cutting edge materials have been extensively used in national and international key projects, such as the expressways from Beijing to Shanghai, from Shanghai to Nanjing and from Nanjing to Hangzhou, the Nanjing Metro, the Runyang Yangtze River Bridge, the Jiangyin Yangtze River Bridge, the Sutong Yangtze River Bridge and the Algeria East-West Expressway, etc.
- Jia Yu, Chief Engineer
- Wang Renhui, Engineer
- Emulsified asphalt
- Modified asphalt
- Technical consulting
- Survey and design
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
9780 Pyramid Ct., Suite 100
Englewood, CO 80112
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers provides engineering support to Kiewit construction project managers and staff. Pavement engineering services include: structural design, mix design, material selection, pavement management strategy, pavement maintenance and pavement life cycle costing.
- Scot Schwandt, Sr. Pavement Engineer
Markets Served: Kiewit Infrastructure projects in North America
Kokosing Materials, Inc.
P.O. Box 334
Fredericktown, OH 43019
Kokosing Materials, Inc. produces high quality asphalt products and services. Our employees are committed to providing every customer with the best service in the industry. Whether you are a local municipality, state or a general contractor, we are here to help you fulfill your asphalt product needs by providing hot mix, warm mix and/or QPR. We also provide custom designs and testing services to meet any customer requirements. KMI invests heavily in all of our asphalt plants to assure they operate safely, cleanly and efficiently meeting all environmental and safety standards.
- Lee Schloss, President
- Michael Matheny, Asphalt Binder Technologist
- Brian Strong, Q.C. Manager
- Hot Mix Asphalt
- Warm Mix Asphalt
- Asphalt Binders
- Modified Asphalt Binders
Markets Served: State of Ohio
Kraton Polymers LLC
15710 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Houston, TX 77032
Kraton Polymers is a major manufacturer of polymers used in asphalt modification (SBS, SIS, SEBS, SEPS).
- Jeanne Kendrick, Regional Sales Director
- Bob Kluttz, Technical Market Development Manager
- Polymers for asphalt modification (Paving and Roofing)
- Technical Service/Support
- Innovative Polymer Molecules
- Innovative Asphalt Applications
- SBS for Emulsion Technology
- Marketing Support
LaFarge Asphalt Technologies
12221 17 Street NE
Supplier and producer of asphalt graded cements. AASHTO certified binder laboratory.
- Bob Forfylow, Director of Quality
- Ward Sparrow, General Manager
- Performance graded asphalt cements
- Polymer modified asphalt cements
Markets Served: Throughout western Canada
LCY Elastomers LP
4803 Decker Dr
Baytown, TX 77520
LCY Elastomers LP is a full service manufacturer of Styrenic Block Copolymers for the Paving and Roofing industry.
- Daniel B. England, District Sales Manager
- Jerome Caffey, Technical Service Manager
- Toby Skov, Asphalt Chemist
- Globalprene SBS Thermoplastic Rubber
- Globalprene SIS Thermoplastic Rubber
- Globalprene SEBS thermoplastic Rubber
- Technical/analytical support for PG binder formulating
- Technical support for roofing products formulating
Markets Served: LCY Elastomers LP Globalprene Thermoplastic Rubber is available worldwide.
LG Chem America Inc.
2400 Lakeview Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30009
SBS polymer producer.
- Young Yun, Global Sales Account Manager
- Kibeom Kim, Sales Manager
Products/Services: SBS, ABS, PVC, PO, PP, PE, SAP, Plasticizer, SBR, BR, NBR, SSBR
Markets Served: Yeosu, Korea; Global (Korea, China, etc.)
Lion Oil Company
201 East Peach St
El Dorado, AR 71730
Asphalt refinery in Arkansas with asphalt terminals in Oklahoma, Texas, Georgia, and Tennessee.
Manufacture polymer material for hot mix application and emulsion base.
- Steve Thweatt, VP Asphalt Marketing
Products/Services: (64,70,76,82)-22 & 28
Markets Served: Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Georgia, Alabama
Louisiana Asphalt Pavement Association
666 North Street
Baton Rouge, LA, 70802
LAPA is a nonprofit trade association established to promote the use of hotmix asphalt in Louisiana. Our goal is to make LAPA a resource for consulting engineers, state and local agencies and other industry members to provide assistance in their efforts to improve and provide quality asphalt pavements in Louisiana.
- Don Weathers, Executive Director
- Glenyss Naro, Office Manager
- Rebecca Bruton, Marketing and Communications Director
Products/Services: Statewide Trade Association
Markets Served: Louisiana
117 Flanders Road
Westborough, MA 01581
Malvern Instruments provides the materials characterization technology and expertise that enable scientists and engineers to understand and control the properties of dispersed systems. These systems range from proteins and polymers in solution, particle and nanoparticle suspensions and emulsions, through to sprays and aerosols, industrial bulk powders and high concentration slurries. Used at all stages of research, development and manufacturing, Malvern’s materials characterization instruments provide critical information that helps accelerate research and product development, enhance and maintain product quality and optimize process efficiency.
Our products reflect Malvern’s drive to exploit the latest technological innovations and our commitment to maximizing the potential of established techniques. They are used by both industry and academia, in sectors ranging from pharmaceuticals to bulk chemicals, asphalt, cement, plastics, adhesives and polymers, energy and the environment. Malvern systems are used to measure particle size, particle shape, zeta potential, protein charge, molecular weight, mass, size and conformation, rheological properties and for chemical identification, advancing the understanding of dispersed systems across many different industries and applications.
Headquartered in Malvern, UK, Malvern Instruments has subsidiary organizations in all major European markets, North America, Mexico, China, Japan and Korea, a joint venture in India, a global distributor network and applications laboratories around the world.
As charter members of AMAP, we at Malvern have a keen understanding of the specific testing needs of the modified asphalt marketplace.
- John Casola, Asphalt Products Manager
- Help Desk Technical Support
- Dynamic Shear Rheometers for asphalt characterization
- Particle size & size distribution measuring instruments for solids & emulsions
- Zeta Potential instruments for emulsion stability
- SEC & GPC instruments for molecular weight & distribution measurements
- Rheological asphalt testing know how
- Testing to AASHTO, ASTM, DIN & EN standards
Markets Served: Global presence with global support
Marathon Petroleum Company, LP
539 South Main Street
Findlay, OH 45840
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC), together with its subsidiaries, including Marathon Petroleum Company LP, Speedway LLC and MPLX LP, is one of the largest petroleum product refiners, marketers and transporters in the United States. MPC is the nation’s fourth-largest refiner and the largest refiner in the Midwest. MPC’s refining, marketing and transportation operations are concentrated primarily in the Midwest, Gulf Coast and Southeast regions of the U.S.
MPC operations are strategically located to serve major markets. They include a seven-plant refining network, a comprehensive terminal and transportation system, and extensive wholesale and retail marketing operations. This includes both the Marathon Brand and MPC’s wholly owned retail marketing subsidiary, Speedway LLC, the nation’s fourth-largest chain of company-owned and operated retail gasoline and convenience stores.
- Donald B. Siler, Asphalt Technologist Specialist
- Supplier of Refined Products
- Supplier of Performance Graded Asphalts
- Supplier of Polymer Modified Asphalts
- Supplier of Emulsified Asphalts
Markets Served: Marketing and transportation operations are concentrated primarily in the Midwest, Gulf Coast and Southeast regions of the U.S.
2 NE 40th St.
Miami, FL 33137
Supplier of Low cost, High Quality PPA (PolyPhosphoric Acid) for the Modified Asphalt in the U.S. for almost a decade. Miami Chemical’s PPA is available in 115%, 105%, and 95% and is the first PPA manufactured directly from the P4 raw material resulting in higher quality end product and a far greater economical advantage. With the addition of our third manufacturing line completed in 2014, Miami Chemical now has the capacity to supply the total United States PPA demand many times over. Miami Chemical also carries a wide range of other specialty chemicals for the Modified Asphalt Market making them a necessary partner for anyone making Modified Asphalt.
- Ben Lye, PPA & Asphalt Additive Product Manager
- Ricardo Miyares, Managing Partner
- PolyPhosphoric Acid 105%
- PolyPhosphoric Acid 115%
- PolyVinyl Alcohols
- Sulfur Additive
- Other Specialty Asphalt Additives
Markets Served: Asphalt, Coatings and Industrial Markets
Midwest Industrial Asphalt
915 Commercial Ct.
Onalaska, WI 54605
Modified Asphalt Research Center (MARC)
3350 Engineering Hall, 1415 Engineering Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
MARC helps define, address and advance aspects of modified asphalts, pursuing the most pressing and promising research needs for this growing technology. MARC works across departments at UW-Madison and in cooperation with petroleum producers, additive manufacturers and industry stakeholders. The center’s mission is to conduct and coordinate fundamental and applied research in the field of superior, sustainable, and durable asphalt paving technologies through:
- Leading Edge Research: The center strives to be at the leading edge of development and implementation of innovative testing methods for asphalt binders and mixtures. Our main areas of technical expertise includes: Modified binders, PG+ procedures, Warm, cold mix and foamed asphalts, Emulsions, Crumb rubber modified asphalt, Binder rejuvenators, Aggregate packing and structure, Recycled asphalt pavements (RAP), Moisture damage, Aggregate coating, Mechanical rutting analysis, Noise emissions, Pavement friction, Pavement cracking, Pavement image analysis.
- Technology Transfer & Training: Activities are to disseminate knowledge related to best practice for use of modified asphalts and their potential impacts on pavement performance.
- Hussain U. Bahia, Professor
- Ann Pahnke, Program Coordinator
- Conduct standard asphalt binder performance specification and characterization testing.
- Perform non‐standard tests for advanced rheological and damage characterization of asphalts.
- Develop formulations for modified asphalts at a laboratory scale using polymers, oils, extenders, and other additives.
- Mix Design: Specialized methods for measuring workability, densification, resistance to rutting, fatigue cracking, thermal cracking, moisture damage, and thermo-volumetric properties.
- Short Courses: UW-MARC director Professor Hussain Bahia delivered training courses in Brazil, Chile, and Colombia.
- Training sessions on demand.
- Newsletters: MARC provides technical newsletters to its partners.
- Current projects between states in USA: Alaska, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Wyoming, California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, Ohio, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa
- Connected to many organizations around the globe: North America: Industry, US DOT’s, FHWA, Canada; Central America: Mexico; South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia; Europe: England, France, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain; Africa: South Africa; Asia: China, Japan; Oceania: New Zealand, Australia; Middle East: Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Jordan, Tunisia, UAE.
3125 East Front Street
Monroe, MI 43560
Oldcastle Materials is an asphalt paving company.
- Brent Croy, Techinical Manager
2790 Columbus Rd.
Granville, OH 43023
1620 Woodson Rd.
Overland, MO 63114
Paragon Technical Services
390 Carrier Boulevard
Richland, MS 39218
Pavement Preservation Systems LLC
8881 West River Beach Ln.
Boise, ID 83714
Technology Transfer, commercialization and technical marketing of asphalt technology, consulting, Quality Assurance, training, business ventures, and promotion of technologies and processes that contribute to improve asphalt materials and long-lasting pavements.
10 years in business, United States and Latin America.
- Delmar Salomon, President
- Iliya Yut, Senior Consulting Engineer
- Dora Salomon, Marketing Consultant
- Training in modified asphalt technology
- Training for emulsified asphalt
- Oxidation level of aspalt pavement by portable FTIR
- Process control for RAP by portable FTIR
- Determination of pavement oxidation rate by portable FTIR
- Asphalt technology training in Spanish, Russian
- Product marketing and new business development
- Standards development via ASTM
- Pilot plant services available to make new products
- Pavement Management programs and pavement preservation strategies
900 S. Central Ave.
Roxana, IL 62084
- Christopher Piche, Asphalt Technical Representative
Products/Services: Polymer Asphalt
Markets Served: North America
PRI Asphalt Technologies, Inc.
6408 Badger Drive
Tampa, FL 33610-2004
Phone: 813 621 5777
Fax: 813 621 5840
Rogitex International Inc.
76 Hymus Blvd.
With great dedication and an emphasis on personal service, Rogitex has been supplying Rayon Tire Cord to Global Tire Manufacturers since 1985. In 2000, to become a significant global player in the rubber market, Rogitex expanded its sales into Synthetic Rubbers. Finally in 2010, the company enlarged its supplying activity in the segments of TPE compounds, compound modifications and abrasives.
RCMA Americas, Inc. – Synthetic Division
1507 Boettler Rd.
Uniontown, OH 44685
Phone: 330 896 5900
Fax: 330 896 9943
Road Science, Division of ArrMaz
6502 South Yale Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74114
Rubberized Asphalt Foundation
8509 E. Hubbell
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- George Way, Executive Director
Sasol Performance Chemicals
12120 Wickchester Lane
Houston, TX 77079-2990
Sasol Performance Chemicals, a Sasol North America company, is a world leader in large scale commercial application of proprietary technology for the production of synthetic Fischer-Tropsch (FT) waxes. Sasobit is just one example of Sasol’s specialty synthetic waxes designed to add unique performance and value to all asphalt formulations.
These synthetic waxes are made in a controlled environment using carbon monoxide and hydrogen as feedstock, producing saturated, straight-chain hydrocarbons of consistently high purity and quality. The very linear molecular structure of the wax results in many desirable properties. State-of-the-art fractionation, micronization and chemical modification yield a wide range of products with unique physical and chemical characteristics.
- Michael Orzech, Market Development Manager – Asphalt Additives – Sasobit
- Sasobit LM
Markets Served: North America
Seneca Petroleum Company
13301 South Cicero Ave.
Crestwood, IL 60445
1911 Lorings Crossing
Cortland, NY 13045
Tri-State Asphalt, LLC
P.O. Box 470
Morris, IL 60450
Supplier and manufacturer of neat and polymer modified asphalt emulsions and asphalts for construction and industrial uses.
- Todd Weist, President/CEO
- Asphalt emulsion
- Polymer modified asphalt emulsion
- Polymer modified asphalt
- Industrial emulsions
- Crack sealants
1300 Tiarco Drive SW
Dalton, GA 30721
Ultrapave is a manufacturer and distributer of SBR latex products used in the polymer modification of asphalt pavements.
- John Murphy, Sales Manager
- UP 70 anionic SBR latex
- UP 72 anionic SBR latex
- UP 7289 anionic SBR latex
- UP 1156 cationic SBR latex
- UP 1158 SBR cationic latex
- UP 1159 SBR cationic SBR latex
- UP 5000 aggregate treatment
Markets Served: USA, Canada, South America, Europe, China, Australia, and Indonesia
UNIQUE Paving Materials Corporation
3993 East 93rd St.
Cleveland, OH 44105
Valero Marketing & Supply
Valero Energy Corporation
One Valero Way
San Antonio, TX 78249-1616
5231 E 52rd Street
Kansas City, MO 64130
Phone: 816 923 8622
Fax: 816 923 6472
Wacker Chemical Corporation
6870 Tilghman Street
Allentown, PA 18106-9346
Warden Modified Asphalt, LP
4800 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112-9184
Warden Modified Asphalt offers different grades of polymer modified asphalt to customers located in Pennsylvania, New York and Ohio.
- Michael S. Gracey
- Matthew G. McCormick
Products/Services: Polymer Modified Asphalt including PG 76-22, PG 64-22P and PG 70-22
Markets Served: Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio
Wisconsin Asphalt Pavement Association
4600 American Parkway, Suite 201
Madison, WI 53718
The non-profit Wisconsin Asphalt Pavement Association represents Wisconsin’s asphalt industry. WAPA serves its members (some 80 contractors and manufacturers), their customers and the public at large.
- Brandon Strand, Executive Director
Western Research Institute
365 N. 9th Street
Laramie, WY 82072
Phone: 302 721 2011
Fax:307 721 2345
Westlake Chemical Corporation
2801 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77056
Phone: (630) 879-9964
Fax: (630) 879-9964
704 Sheldon Road B
Channelview, Texas 77530
Phone: (800) 882-6541
106 Kitty Hawk Dr.
Morrisville, NC 27560
Since its establishment in 1997, Zydex has been developing, creating and providing sustainable eco-friendly chemical technologies for the Agriculture sector, Textiles sector, Roads sector and the Construction sector.